Today I did Wasootch Ridge! It wasn’t so hard – very doable. Something I’ll take my girls on – if they will ever come hiking with me again (😁) …
I took off Stampede from black out partying – as you can likely gather from my last post – my marriage is 1 blackout away from being over. As MUCH as they say the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree … I’d rather sort of break the trend / not become the cliché – for obvious reasons other than the fact that my husband is a total babe:
Ok! So solo hiking! I’ve got the Girls Guide to Solo Hiking:
1. Be that person with tunes on the trail – why? When you are huffing and puffing up the incline you are less inclined to shout to warn bears – because you have no breath!
2. Sing as loudly and proudly as possible. Today I pretended I was in my own docu-musical! It was glorious. Nothing like a little help from Mimi, Iggy and Taylor to scare those bears away!
3. Carry Bear Spray – I for one do not think I would have the wearwithall to use it – but you don’t want those hiking people to be like “oh, I heard she didn’t have bear spray”. With that patronizing “she should know better” look. You know that one.
4. Talk to yourself. Who the fuck cares! I also danced – poorly – no fucks given!!! It was amazing.
5. Choose a hike you know you can do. Mimi can only get you so far!
6. Don’t do anything that requires a helmet like this scramble :
7. Advise your girls where you are going and what designer shit they get if you die. Seriously. Lisa those LBs are yours. Leigh and V you are gonna have to fight over my sparkly Manolos. Farrah – I feel like you were made for my black pointy toe Manolos. Stacey, our sporty spice – you can have my gear – (I think we have the same board, sorry–) and decide who the trek goes to.